Monday, October 8, 2012

I Wanna See You Clean That, Baby!

You know what I think is a really sexy sight?

A man with a mop!

 Unfortunately it's a sight rarely seen, especially on commercials.

Why do all the cleaning product commercials star women cleaning and men sitting on their butts reading the newspaper watching them clean? 

Polls have shown that women still, on average, take on most of the housework.  It doesn't matter if she works 50 hours a week and her husband works 10; chances are she will still be the one fixing dinner at the end of the day, and scrubbing the pot too.

 If a woman wants to stay home and clean while her husband works all day, good for her.  But I believe marriage is a partnership, not a master-slave relationship.  So why is it a woman's job to take over all the housework, even if she works all day?? 

 If it's his day off and she's got a baby in one hand and burp rag in the other, why can't he wash a dish without acting like he's parting the red sea?  Why is it totally NO BIG DEAL for a woman to wield a lawnmower, change a tire, organize the tools in the garage and be her husband's personal secretary, and then clean and change diapers?  Her man isn't going to call her a hero for that!
 But if a man cooks a meal or wipes a baby's tush, he is a "hero".

I see this all the time and to be honest it kinda turns my stomach.  I see ladies on Facebook gushing that their unemployed husband who hasn't shaved or changed out of his sweats in 3 weeks actually put the groceries away.  Woop-dee!  Let's give that fella a husband of the year award!  If he did any more than that he might not be considered macho by his friends...he might even be "whipped".  I think I just rolled my eyes so hard it actually hurt!

And don't even get me started on how if a single man steps up and actually RAISES HIS OWN KIDS he is also a "hero" whereas a single mom who does the same is considered lower than a married mom.

I think this is all proof that women are still being discriminated against, why they deserve chocolate with no guilt whatsoever, complete control of the remote after 8pm, and need a REAL man in their lives, a man to whisper those 3 special words in her ear:
"I'll wash that".

(Just for the record...I'm not really talking about my husband here.  He is a great help to me and I to him, though he does look hot holding a mop!  He even makes comments about how awful it is that other dads don't help out more, cause yeah, it's that obvious!)



No comments:

Post a Comment