Thursday, April 11, 2013

Isn't It Funny How...


When children are too young to be of much help, they are all too eager to help.  My 2 year old has recently decided he is way into cleaning the bathroom.  That kid would rather help me clean the bathroom than play with his toys.  Unfortunately he'd rather "help" clean the bathroom than actually pick up his toys, and he really doesn't know how to wipe a sink. 

When children are old enough to actually be a help with chores, it's like pulling teeth to get them to do it.  Once they realize there is such a thing as video games, it's game over for "mommy's little helper."

But oh how I loved it in that short in-between time when we could play "who can pick up the toys fastest" and the kids would actually race to be the winner!  *Sigh*.

I guess I'll just have to enjoy mommy's little helper while he lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment